• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dtremit

dtremit

@Shelby I'll bet you a scrap metal place would give you a few Imperfect boxes worth of cash for those.

I think we are officially done with Misfits — ultimately because of their shipping. Our last box was delivered by LaserShip, who I've rarely had good luck with. It was a day late and looked like it had been turned upside down quite a few times.

Only one thing was completely ruined, but several things were damaged in transit — bruised fruit and whatnot. And the herbs were rotten by the time they arrived.

Misfits customer service is great, and they of course refunded the damaged items — but ultimately we have better options. Imperfect has better selection (including a couple of non-produce items that we've really grown to love), and I'm willing to order stuff from them that I wouldn't from Misfits because I'm more confident that they'll arrive intact. And the local vendor I mentioned upthread has actually been super reliable and cheaper than either of these two. 

dtremit

dtremit

@Shelby I'll bet you a scrap metal place would give you a few Imperfect boxes worth of cash for those.

I think we are officially done with Misfits — ultimately because of their shipping. Our last box was delivered by LaserShip, who I've rarely had good luck with. It was a day late and looked like it had been turned upside down quite a few times.

Only one thing was completely ruined, but several things were damaged in transit — bruised fruit and whatnot. And the herbs were rotten by the time they arrived.

Misfits customer service is great, and they of course refunded the damaged items — but ultimately we have better options. Imperfect has better selection (including a couple of non-produce items that we've really grown to love). And the local vendor I mentioned upthread has actually been super reliable and cheaper than either of these two.