• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shelby

Shelby

Good English Matters

Is everyone sick of seeing my boxes lol?   I'm still just over the moon that I can get them.  Imperfect today.  Came with an ice pack enclosed in the foil bubble wrap, but not a thing was frozen (it's also a lot warmer than the below freezing highs of last week).  

Todays haul:

thumbnail_IMG_0578.jpg.9a903582fa3cfe46d46b6140e47e5107.jpg

Everything seems great especially the green beans again.  I wouldn't have ordered sour cream but I was almost out and not sure if we would hit a grocery store soon (we did, but that's ok...we use sour cream a lot).  And LAMB :)

Also, I placed my Misfits order at exactly 3 when my window opens.  I don't know if it was because I was earlier than normal, but they have expanded their selection by a ton.  They even had a meat/seafood category.  Granted there were only 3 items, but I'm guessing they might be expanding that way.  More veggie and fruit options too.  MANGOS.  We will see if they are decent.  And I bought fennel.  Dunno what I'm going to do with it...never bought it before, but I'm looking forward to a new ingredient.

Shelby

Shelby

Is everyone sick of seeing my boxes lol?   I'm still just over the moon that I can get them.  Imperfect today.  Came with an ice pack enclosed in the foil bubble wrap, but not a thing was frozen (it's also a lot warmer than the below freezing highs of last week).  

Todays haul:

thumbnail_IMG_0578.jpg.9a903582fa3cfe46d46b6140e47e5107.jpg

Everything seems great especially the green beans again.  I wouldn't have ordered sour cream but I was almost out and not sure if we would hit a grocery store soon (we did, but that's ok...we use sour cream a lot).  And LAMB :)

Also, I placed my Misfits order at exactly 3 when my window opens.  I don't know if it was because I was earlier than normal, but they have expanded their selection by a ton.  They even had a meat/seafood category.  Granted their were only 3 items, but I'm guessing they might be expanding that way.  More veggie and fruit options too.  MANGOS.  We will see if they are decent.  And I bought fennel.  Dunno what I'm going to do with it...never bought it before, but I'm looking forward to a new ingredient.