• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

chromedome

chromedome

My feeling is that the critters have better senses than we do, so those with "sampling" holes are the ones that have been, so to speak, preapproved by the QA department. After a bit of work with the paring knife, I'll happily eat 'em.

BTW, re the golden beets, they're great raw in salads. Sweet, earthy, crunchy, and not nearly as excited to stain your clothes as regular beets. I haven't made a whole lot of use of my spiralizer, but often when I pull it out it's for those beets. I grow a variety called Golden Grex in my own garden.

chromedome

chromedome

My feeling is that the critters have better sense than we do, so those with "sampling" holes are the ones that have been, so to speak, preapproved by the QA department. After a bit of work with the paring knife, I'll happily eat 'em.

BTW, re the golden beets, they're great raw in salads. Sweet, earthy, crunchy, and not nearly as excited to stain your clothes as regular beets. I haven't made a whole lot of use of my spiralizer, but often when I pull it out it's for those beets. I grow a variety called Golden Grex in my own garden.