• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 hour ago, KennethT said:

Some of those dishes (like pork with chili) look similar to what I get at Hunan places here. Are they as spicy as they look? Looks more like chili with pork than vice versa.

Yes, their food is very similar to that of Hunan and Guizhou, both of which share borders with Guangxi not far from where I was and both of which also have substantial Miao populations. The dishes are as spicy as they look, or even more so.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Some of those dishes (like pork with chili) look similar to what I get at Hunan places here. Are they as spicy as they look? Looks more like chili with pork than vice versa.

Yes, their food is very similar to that of Hunan and Guizhou, both of which share borders with Guangxi not far from where I was. The dishes are as spicy as they look, or even more so.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Yes, their food is very similar to that of Hunan and Guizhou, both of which share borders with Guangxi not far from where I was. The dishes are as spicy as the look, or even more so.