• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

@Shelby All sounds good. Love the anniversary recreation. I have never had kolaches so pics will be needed. I miss entertaining, writing of lists. Heck I make lists just for me; centers me.  Pretty bad here so we have all vowed - stay home! We will talk and share meal ideas and favorites. 

I have settled on cheesy Christmas movies for days, wild Argentinian red shrimp for Christmas eve with roasted sweet potato chunks + spicy mayo dip,  and for the 25th turkey thighs, broccoli salad, and undetermined starch - maybe spiced coconut rice as the turkey will be saucy.  Making Melissa Clark's version of olive oil granola for snacking and to have over baked buttery apple chunks and (avert your eyes) Cool Whip. 

heidih

heidih

@Shelby All sounds good. Love the anniversary recreation. I have never had kolaches so pics will be needed. I miss entertaining, writing of lists. Heck I make lists just for me; centers me.  Pretty bad here so we have all vowed - stay home! We will talk and share meal ideas and favorites. 

I have settled on cheesy Christmas movies for days, wild Argentinian red shrimp for Christmas eve with roasted sweet potato chunks + spicy mayo dip,  and turkey thighs, broccoli salad, and undetermined starch - maybe spiced coconut rice as the turkey will be saucy.  Making Melissa Clrk's version of olive oil granola for snacking nd to have over baked buttery apple chunks and (avert your eyes) Cool Whip.