• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Eleven Madison Park Cookbooks

• 8 years later...

My birthday and XMAS both fall in the month of December, and typically I buy my own gifts and give to the kids / wife to wrap!  This year I was looking at the two Madison Park cookbooks:   "Eleven Madison Park: The Cookbook" vs  "Eleven Madison Park: The Next Chapter, Revised and Unlimited Edition".  Has anyone seen both to help me decide which of the two to get first?  Are they sufficiently different that it might be worth getting both? And lastly the revised single volume "Next" cookbook I see from the description has 80 recipes whereas I believe the limited two volume signed edition had 100.  Are the 80 chosen from the 100? Are the 20 "missing" recipes worth having?  Thanks in advance!

I would say to go with the first, then decide.

About the second one, from what I know there are contents that are exclusive to the limited edition and contents that are exclusive to the unlimited edition. There is more stuff in the limited edition, otherwise people who bought it would feel screwed, but they added unreleased contents in the unlimited edition so people who bought the limited will feel the need to buy the unlimited too. This is what I've been said, I never had both editions in my hand to make a comparison.

Teo

Teo

On 11/30/2020 at 4:12 PM, Tuber magnatum said:

And lastly the revised single volume "Next" cookbook I see from the description has 80 recipes whereas I believe the limited two volume signed edition had 100.  Are the 80 chosen from the 100? Are the 20 "missing" recipes worth having?  Thanks in advance!

Is there a print version of either of the Next Restaurant cookbooks? I have 1906 but I hate having to read it on my iphone. At least if it was in a standard format I could read it on my laptop.

2 hours ago, AAQuesada said:

Is there a print version of either of the Next Restaurant cookbooks? I have 1906 but I hate having to read it on my iphone. At least if it was in a standard format I could read it on my laptop.

I think that Tuber magnatum is using "Next" for "Eleven Madison Park: The Next Chapter", while you are meaning "Next" as the restaurant in Chicago by Achatz and Kokonas. No print versions of the few Next Restaurant (Chicago) books unfortunately. They even stopped making the digital ones, which is a pity in both cases.

Teo

Teo