• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

2 hours ago, dtremit said:

Personally I think it's actually the opposite case of "foodie," which is annoying but specific -- "moreish" seems like a generic term used to replace better, more specific ones. I haven't ever heard anything described as "moreish" that wouldn't have better been described as "craveable" or "indulgent" or "comforting" or something else with more specific meaning.

I like foodie because it is so non-specific. It covers those who like to eat food and those who like to prepare food (and anybody who relates to food in any way). 

None of the words you propose say quite the same thing as moreish. 

Anna N

Anna N

2 hours ago, dtremit said:

Personally I think it's actually the opposite case of "foodie," which is annoying but specific -- "moreish" seems like a generic term used to replace better, more specific ones. I haven't ever heard anything described as "moreish" that wouldn't have better been described as "craveable" or "indulgent" or "comforting" or something else with more specific meaning.

I like foodie because it is so non-specific. It covers those who like to eat food and those who like to prepare food (and anybody who relates to food in any way). 

None of the word you propose see quite the same thing as Moorish