• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

I have a Brod and Taylor proofer that I have used once.  I came across a recipe for salt bread that I wanted to try and the initial mixture calls for it to be held at a steady temperature of around 105F.  I tried all my gizmos and none would really do the job.  It was going to be left on overnight and longer and I was also concerned about leaving an oven on and unattended for that long..  Then the light bulb went on and here is the Brad and Taylor being used for the second time in it's life.  It is holding the temperature steady at 105F.  (Checked with a thermometer.)  Dunno about the bread, though.

20201207_142550.jpg

ElsieD

ElsieD

I have a Brod and Taylor proofer that I have used once.  I came across a recipe for salt bread that I wanted to try and the initial mixture calls for it to be held at a steady temperature of around 105F.  I tried all my gizmos and none would really do the job.  It was going to be left on overnight and longer and I was also concerned about leaving an oven on and unattended for that long..  Then the light bulb went on and here is the Brad and Taylor being used for the second time in it's life.  It is holding the temperature steady at 105F.  (Checked with a thermometer.)  Dunno about the bread, though.