• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FauxPas

FauxPas

I'm not using my immersion circulators much at all lately. I donated the Anova and still have two Joules, but can't remember the last time I got them out of their drawer. Not entirely sure why, but the last couple of times I used them it was rather a pain - problems with passwords, app updates, connecting, etc and it took a lot more time than it should to get the water moving. If they weren't so small, I'd consider putting them in the storage room downstairs and then they would absolutely be used NEVER. 😃

Almost wished that I had kept the Anova, but I really did dislike its bulk. 

Is a non-electric spiralizer an appliance or just a gadget? I bought one back when it was a new craze and paid an awful lot for a hunk of plastic and a few blades. It wasn't a lot of money really, just a lot for what you get and they are half the price now. I think I used it two or three times then hated getting it out, assembling it and using it. Hated almost everything about it, really. I donated it and stick mostly to my Kuhn Rikon Julienne peeler these days. 

I had a basic blender once and almost never used it. I tend to use the immersion blender for many things though. 

FauxPas

FauxPas

I'm not using my immersion circulators much at all lately. I donated the Anova and still have two Joules, but can't remember the last time I got them out of their drawer. Not entirely sure why, but the last couple of times I used them it was rather a pain - problems with passwords, app updates, etc and it took a lot more time than it should to get the water moving. If they weren't so small, I'd consider putting them in the storage room downstairs and then they would absolutely be used NEVER. 😃

Almost wished that I had kept the Anova, but I really did dislike its bulk. 

Is a non-electric spiralizer an appliance or just a gadget? I bought one back when it was a new craze and paid an awful lot for a hunk of plastic and a few blades. It wasn't a lot of money really, just a lot for what you get and they are half the price now. I think I used it two or three times then hated getting it out, assembling it and using it. Hated almost everything about it, really. I donated it and stick mostly to my Kuhn Rikon Julienne peeler these days. 

I had a basic blender once and almost never used it. I tend to use the immersion blender for many things though.