• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vertical Slow Juicers

JoNorvelleWalker

2 minutes ago, TdeV said:

Please report other things you do with it!

Beet juice works well, as does apple.  I don't want to give the misleading impression that this is an appliance I use every day.  However I need a batch of orgeat tomorrow.

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

1 minute ago, liuzhou said:

That c@rn drink is very, very common here in China. Bunch of perverts, obviously!

In China do they use sweet corn or field corn for making juice?  How is it typically prepared?

11 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

In China do they use sweet corn or field corn for making juice?  How is it typically prepared?

How would I know? I refuse to even sit at the same table with people who obviously take delight in hating food. I'm certainly not going to be questioning them (if I was in law enforcement, I might!) about the details of their deviant activities. They might think I want to join in!

(I'll ask the next time I have the chance, but I'd guess it is sweet corn.)

Edited by liuzhou (log)
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

• 3 months later...

Tonight making almond milk the auger became stuck in my juicer.  A real pain.  Google was not much help.  I finally freed the auger by running hot water repeatedly through the mechanism.

May this be of help to someone.

• Thanks 1

I should clarify that the auger did not become stuck while juicing.  It was stuck while I was trying to take the machine apart for cleaning.