• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The best chicken recipe (everyone has his own?)

LeaSim

I think everyone has his/her favorite chicken recipe ?

For me it depends on the period, I think every 3 to 6 month I have a new favorite chicken recipe. Recently my favorite is Crispy Lemon 🍋Chicken.

To make it crispy, I fry it 2 times oftenly

* The first time  it's about 160 degrees and fry for 4-5 minutes

* The second time, about 180 degrees, fried for 2-3 minutes

1861965553_2020-11-1400_16_01.thumb.png.3b2000bb1866efa5339bfd9d2645492a.png

1242466966_2020-11-1400_16_35.thumb.png.4cfcfb409d99fb64100817d91d4ed466.png

The lemon sauce is not a flavor from my childhood, but a flavor I very cherish after I lived in France for several years: I think it is genius to combine the Chinese and western flavor together.  The lemon sauce has his reason to exist: it help the last piece of the chicken become as delicious as the first piece if you know what I mean 😂

1224344574_2020-11-1400_18_01.thumb.png.c1c73f3c1a83fc1ecc5e6929208ed44d.png

The special sauce of  lemon and fish sauce gives it a fresh fruity aroma, makes it stand out in all the recipes I tried recently.....Just cannot stop.

2141199266_2020-11-1400_19_00.thumb.png.04e253d4553c169bf6bb39e69220ea38.png

This is actually a dish being sold everywhere in France , I think it is the same situation in America no?  I bought it thousand times in Panda Express.....

My last favorite chicken dish was white chicken ... maybe it is again my favorite when I run out the one bottle of lemon sauce I made at a time in my fridge ....

What is your favorite chicken recipe ?  well ....Recently 

Edited by LeaSim (log)
  • Like 3
  • Delicious 1

Authentique Chinese food blog - YouTube cooking videos 

Quality > Quantity 

English videos/ Version Français aussi/ 中文版视频

that is really beautiful!  Are those sliced lemons part of the sauce -i'd love to know how you make it.  For me I am interested in finding chicken as flavorful as the chicken in France! -the situation is getting better I really like the heritage bird from Trader Joes. Often at home I will do something simple like a poached chicken with chicken fat rice. left overs can go into tacos or salad :D

• Like 2

Out of several worthy possibilities I nominate, over the past half century, chicken Tetrazzini -- Joy of Cooking recipe.  Alas I never had the pleasure to hear Madam Tetrazzini.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

5 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Out of several worthy possibilities I nominate, over the past half century, chicken Tetrazzini -- Joy of Cooking recipe.  Alas I never had the pleasure to hear Madam Tetrazzini.

And I could have sworn it would have been Chicken Cacciatore ...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Duvel said:

And I could have sworn it would have been Chicken Cacciatore ...

That's close.

I never heard Madam Cacciatore either.

• Haha 2

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, TdeV said:

Please tell me more @Orbit!

It's super easy. Four chicken thighs, browned and then place a layer of sliced shallots on a large piece of foil or parchment if you prefer, and put the browned chicken on top of the shallots. Throw a bunch of fresh parsley, rosemary, and sage on top of the chicken. Put a bit of chicken stock on the foil, not much, just to create steam. Fold up the foil tightly and bake in a 400F oven for 40 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I take back my original post on this subject. My very favorite chicken recipe is Italian roast chicken, initially taught to me by a lady whose parents were Italian immigrants.

Whole chicken

Stuff with a stuffing made of ground beef, ricotta, a little Parmagiano, spinach and herbs. I usually use thyme, oregano, basil and sage. YMMV. Make any excess stuffing into meatballs and set aside. Peel potatoes, carrots, onions, cut in big chunks, and place in roaster around chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Distribute stuffing meatballs around atop veggies. Roast at 375, covered until the last 15 minutes. Takes about two hours. Serve with ginormous green salad and a great deal of hot crusty bread.

She added green bell pepper to her veggies. Needless to say, I do not.

• Like 3
  • Delicious 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Huge fan of Peruvian rotisserie chicken. Can not locate our rotisserie. Plenty places nearby After that it is thighs baked with whatever sauce speaks to me - done off side of coals on the Weber. Crispy skin a mustPollo A La Brasa – Gardena, CA | Hungryones.com

• Like 4

8 hours ago, heidih said:

Huge fan of Peruvian rotisserie chicken. Can not locate our rotisserie. Plenty places nearby After that it is thighs baked with whatever sauce speaks to me - done off side of coals on the Weber. Crispy skin a mustPollo A La Brasa – Gardena, CA | Hungryones.com

Really have to agree. Especially with green sauce. 

• Like 1

My belated FIL’s salt and lemon BBQ chicken.  I mean, as long as the skin is crisp. It’s good chicken,!

What  made this Chicken special was the love and attention that went into it...

Only Made at the cottage on a hot summer day.

fresh local chicken...about 3 lb birds.  Purchased as a surprise for weekend BBQ.  Squeals of anticipation greeted the bird.

real charcoal fire, prepared just so.

chicken is grilled with constant attention and brushed with lemon, oil and salt sauce.  Beers are enjoyed watching the chicken/griller dance to achieve perfect doneness internally with crispy skin.

it was always juicy and crispy...I have attempted many times but never the same.  Sigh

Heinz’s Salt and Lemon Chicken.

🥰

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Of the preparations I can make, Jacques Pepin's deboned and stuffed chicken is king of the hill right now. The meat is moist and tender, the skin is crisp, and the vegetable stuffing is aromatic. I made this tonight with spinach, mushroom and pistachio stuffing. I used the carcass to make a stock then deglazed the pan... you know the drill! Served with Nigella's mashed potatoes.

I couldn't choose a favourite if other people were preparing it... too many choices! There's a place in Nottingham called U Canteen which does a seriously hot bone-in Hunan chicken dish which I'm looking forward to grabbing when the current pandemic situation settles down. That'll do for now. I do like a hot and spicy preparation.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Kerala said:

Of the preparations I can make, Jacques Pepin's deboned and stuffed chicken is king of the hill right now. The meat is moist and tender, the skin is crisp, and the vegetable stuffing is aromatic. I made this tonight with spinach, mushroom and pistachio stuffing. I used the carcass to make a stock then deglazed the pan... you know the drill! Served with Nigella's mashed potatoes.

I couldn't choose a favourite if other people were preparing it... too many choices! There's a place in Nottingham called U Canteen which does a seriously hot bone-in Hunan chicken dish which I'm looking forward to grabbing when the current pandemic situation settles down. That'll do for now. I do like a hot and spicy preparation.

Great choice, I love Pépin's technique.

For me, at the moment it's poulet au vin jaune: a quartered chicken, browned off with mushrooms (morels if you're lucky) and simmered for 45 minutes in 50/50 vin jaune (or dry sherry) and cream. This gets reduced down after the chicken is done. It's really good, and I don't even miss crispy skin.

• Like 3

My wife and I celebrated our 35th anniversary on Monday. She requested stuffed chicken breast. I buy a whole chicken and filet the whole breast in one piece. I pound it thin and the stuff with a mixture of cream cheese, crumbled bacon, sauted and chopped spinach, green onions, Worcestershire, Tabasco and a little fresh ground nutmeg. Flour/egg wash/bread crumbs and then pan fry both sides and finish in the oven.

Served with smashed new potatoes and asparagus grilled with garlic butter.  

• Like 2
  • Delicious 2

That's the thing about opposum inerds, they's just as tasty the next day.