• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

GRiker

GRiker

Thanks for the tips.  I'll keep them in mind as I make these.  I will experiment and see how it goes then report back what I did.  

Do you ever make your fillings ahead of time then heat them to bring them up to pipeable temp (83F)?  That way, if I have issues with it I can try again and if it works, I could just save it in the fridge until production day.

Wednesday will be my first chocolates of the season - Yay!  I'm hosting a friend who wants to learn to make molded chocolates.  I'm nervous because I don't consider myself an expert, but reminding myself I know more than she does so it will be fine.  

GRiker

GRiker

Thanks for the tips.  I'll keep them in mind as I make these.  I will experiment and see how it goes then report back what I did.  Do you ever make your fillings ahead of time then heat them to bring them up to pipeable temp (83F)?  That way, if I have issues with it I can try again and if it works, I could just save it in the fridge until production day.

Wednesday will be my first chocolates of the season - Yay!  I'm hosting a friend who wants to learn to make molded chocolates.  I'm nervous because I don't consider myself an expert, but realize I know more than she does so it will be fine.  

GRiker

GRiker

Thanks for the tips.  I'll keep them in mind as I make these.  Wednesday will be my first chocolates of the season - Yay!