• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

9 hours ago, weinoo said:

of course, they have backyards or other outdoor availability. I've cautioned them not to burn down their houses.

Indeed. Nearly everyone in China's cities lives in apartment blocks and don't have backyards. In the countryside, they don't have gas! No one is going to install a high BTU burner in an apartment kitchen even if they were allowed to.

liuzhou

liuzhou

8 minutes ago, weinoo said:

of course, they have backyards or other outdoor availability. I've cautioned them not to burn down their houses.

Indeed. Nearly everyone in China's cities lives in apartment blocks and don't have backyards In the countryside, they don't have gas! No one is going to install a high BTU burner in an apartment kitchen even if they were allowed to.

liuzhou

liuzhou

4 minutes ago, weinoo said:

Indeed. Nearly everyone in China's cities lives in apartment blocks and don't have backyards In the countryside, they don't have gas! No one is going to install a high BTU burner in an apartment kitchenm even if they were allowed to.