• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello there I am from china and live in France for now, and I am crazy for cooking

LeaSim

Hello dear friends,

Thank you admin Smithy for accepting me in this forum, I wondered around and I saw some great content here. 

I am from china and now living in France for a while, after several years here in France I finally open my eyes to the French food. 

Cause the differences between asian food and French food are so big hahah, It really takes you several years to say: eh ha, okay maybe I will make the chicken legs not with chili, but cream...

Si I am eager to see more different food and also share with you my cooking tips, cause I literally spent all my weekend in the kitchen, even sometimes on vacation...

Here is some of my crazy days in kitchen 

Thank you for accepting me and let me begin this new journey of exploring.

Happy cooking day you all

Best regards,

LeaSim

• Like 1

Authentique Chinese food blog - YouTube cooking videos 

Quality > Quantity 

English videos/ Version Français aussi/ 中文版视频

10 hours ago, LeaSim said:

It really takes you several years to say: eh ha, okay maybe I will make the chicken legs not with chili, but cream...

And for some (many?) of us on this side of the North Pacific, it was the other way around. ^_^

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

On 11/10/2020 at 2:04 PM, liuzhou said:

Where in China are you from?

I am from Beijing, the capital where the city is full of people from all around the world and the greeeeeat food all around the world ^&^

Quality > Quantity 

21 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

Welcome to eG, @LeaSim!  I'm looking forward to seeing your culture clash cooking!

Thank you Kim for your warm welcome, yes I would love to share my passion and spread some yumminess with U ~~

• Like 1

Quality > Quantity 

19 hours ago, Alex said:

And for some (many?) of us on this side of the North Pacific, it was the other way around. ^_^

haha Yes I believe so. you know the food habit is a real deal, sometimes it makes me (us?) close my eyes in front of the really genius dish. I think just till recently I really started to enjoy and discover the foreign food......And amazed... every time I got my eyes opened, I am very strongly happy (if we express like that in English haha)

Quality > Quantity 

6 hours ago, LeaSim said:

I am from Beijing, the capital where the city is full of people from all around the world and the greeeeeat food all around the world ^&^

Wel, of course I know Beijing, but I live in Guangxi. Not sure that I agree with you about Beijing having the greatest food, though!

But, welcome to eG. I look forward to what you have to contribute.

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto