• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food Funnies

Keith_W

After the French intro of 20 seconds a culinary acapella version of Billie Jean starts.

They also made a song about raclette.

And salad.

Edited by CeeCee
added another foodie inspired clip (log)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

171676052_595485058515978_8927040751894633692_n.jpg.7eb43b8264474907acfc4bc295279665.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

Croissants: Is there anything they can't do?

"People aren't opening their windows because they're afraid it will go into their house"...

• Haha 4

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

Recipe-for-Cooking-Husbands.thumb.jpg.45837ef0b659ccb755df070f148da989.jpg

The rest of the recipe unfolds like a recipe for boiling crab or lobster, instructing the reader to make and cook them while alive, add “sugar” in the form of affection but never vinegar, and that in doing so, he will “keep as long as you want, unless you become careless and set him in too cold a place.” 

Some background

Edited by liuzhou (log)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

Is this funny or just cute? Or both?  It made me smile, anyway.

Some kids can't sleep without their favourite soft toy or Linus-like security blanket etc. My friend's daughter can't sleep without her bag of beef jerky! She doesn't know, but Mama replaces the bag with a new one every now and then.

mmexport1618900868496.thumb.jpg.e6892a1a1c9a0c26d0486652e9b2a994.jpg

Edited by liuzhou (log)
  • Like 8
  • Haha 4

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

Not a cartoon. but a thought. We go through a lot of Babybel cheese. As I was throwing away the red wax covering the evil thought occurred to me that it would be fun to collect a bunch of the wax, then dip the neck of some rotgut bourbon in the wax. It would be out to be seen by visitors to our home.

• Haha 2

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

56 minutes ago, liuzhou said:
found via Twitter. May need explaining.

Facebook reminded me this morning that it's recommended you run the launch of any product for the UK market past someone Scottish

It's Google-able, and totally made my morning. :)

We had a similar moment here in Canada a couple of years ago (I believe I mentioned it on the "bastardized condiments" thread). When Mayochup was introduced (a mix of mayo and ketchup) it caused a great deal of amusement in our Indigenous community, because that sounds like the slang for "shitfaced"* in Cree.

*(ie very, very drunk, in case that term itself is not widely used elsewhere)

• Haha 1

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

Yup, and a literal LOL.

Edited by chromedome (log)

There's also Jobbie Nooner here in Michigan.

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

30 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

So I ordered the Wagyu at the hot pot restaurant and this is how it arrived. Wild.

Sure beats shrimp on the Barbie!

• Haha 11

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog