• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food Funnies

Keith_W

I was torn between the oreo topic and this one. Today's Sherman's Lagoon. As background the fossil is something he found on the beach and gave to his wife Megan as a cookie cutter. 

content.php?file=aHR0cDovL3NhZnIua2luZ2ZlYXR1cmVzLmNvbS9TaGVybWFuc0xhZ29vbi8yMDE5LzAxL1NoZXJtYW5zX0xhZ29vbi4yMDE5MDExNl85MDAuZ2lm

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, kayb said:

Particularly for @Anna N:

Love it. Love it. Love it.

• Haha 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

@IowaDee  gifted me with the book "Dear Los Angeles which is a collection of diary entries, letters, emails and the like from the 30's to the present. On a trying morning this from 2017  gave me a good chuckle:  "People in LA are deathly afraid of gluten. I swear to god, you could rob a liquor store in this city with a bagel"

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Today's gem from Facebook: "If pigs could fly...imagine how good their wings would taste!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

I'm sure the manufacturer didn't intend this to be funny, but it pegged my irony meter.

20190204_165754.jpg

• Haha 4

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

3 hours ago, heidih said:

Bimbo makes Hostess look like small potatoes. Odd sounding but part of the culture. Maybe I missed something. Bimbo delivery trucks roll around here. Largest commercial bakery in the world.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grupo_Bimbo

Oh, I know they're a major corporation. Nonetheless, when I see that name my immediate thought is of the earlier meaning: beautiful, good-natured, clueless er, person. Couple that with a package of something akin to Pop-TartsTM labeled as "Fine Pastry" - and the wrapper discarded on the desert at that! - and the juxtaposition was too much for me. (It may just be my strange sense of humor, and irritation at the trash I pick up in the wild lands.)

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

OK I get the crazy moment. "fine pastry"   I guess I am so used to the odd mash of english in many Asian goods that I kinda of shrug them off. How many times can you say "really?"

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, heidih said:

Bimbo makes Hostess look like small potatoes. Odd sounding but part of the culture. Maybe I missed something. Bimbo delivery trucks roll around here. Largest commercial bakery in the world.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grupo_Bimbo

OMG!  Who knew?  I am gobsmacked (as the British would say).

• Like 1

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

When we first started traveling to Mexico, Bimbo had not yet made it across the border.  I used to save the wrappers and pack my travel gifts in them.  It was so much fun to watch friends and family when they saw them.   I also like the name of the big  L.P. Gas Co.  It is Gaspasa.  I think it may actually be bean powered.😊

Edited by IowaDee (log)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.51bac0ecb2adbcf21b8dd0f4adf498fb.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

image.png.f2340519ca449fef924f402a3628127e.png

It's kinda food... :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Kinda food-ish...

image.png.b75274cdf620fbb67f799f55d8a693d8.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 4