• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

1 hour ago, heidih said:

Andre, Cold Duck and similar we considered "chanpagne" cuz of the pop of the (plastic) cork and the bubbles - way back even in my wine producing state. We started calling it "sparkling wine" once we tasted real champagne and laws changed. Our Domaine Chandon we do call sparkling wine. Domaine Chandon is located in Napa Valley in the town of Yountville, California. Established in 1973 by Moët et Chandon,

I had always thought Baby Duck was fizzy but Cold Duck was still - but apparently I was wrong. Only ever drank the Baby Duck and not past my teen years. 

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

1 hour ago, heidih said:

Andre, Cold Duck and similar we considered "chanpagne" cuz of the pop of the (plastic) cork and the bubbles - way back even in my wine producing state. We started calling it "sparkling wine" once we tasted real champagne and laws changed. Our Domaine Chandon we do call sparkling wine. Domaine Chandon is located in Napa Valley in the town of Yountville, California. Established in 1973 by Moët et Chandon,

As I recall Baby Duck was fizzy but Cold Duck was still.