• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Thanks for the Crepes

Thanks for the Crepes

Here is another one from stand-up comedian, Jim Gaffigan. It is looonng, almost 90 minutes, but if you are Obsessed about food, like me, you might enjoy it. It's recorded from a live performance in Boston.

He rags hard on Southern food, including grits, which I love as a G.R.I.T.S lady, but I have a sense of humor about it. He also rags on: kale, cottage cheese, pita and wraps, gluten-free, Whole Foods, seafood (blasphemy, but still funny, at least to me), Kobe beef, and desserts in China (sorry huiray and liuzhou), including the Americanized fortune cookies.

Also bars (long rant): "Female bartenders always seem like they're a little bit tougher than they need to be. I don't want to describe them as bitchy, because that would describe them perfectly."

Other quotes yours truly liked:

"Hotdogs are like strippers. No one wants to hear the backstory." This was in reference to ingredients in said sausages.

"I have five kids. I used to have more, but I ate them." This guy is crazy, but funny to me. :smile:

Edit: second time around watching it, I caught my very favorite quote from his routine, which I had noted in my feeble mind, then promptly forgot.

"No one really wants fruit. It's too much work with fruit, right? You gotta waaash it; you gotta peel off that sticker Al Qaeda put on there?" (Personally, I love fruit, but again, have a sense of humor about it.)

I despise those stickers, and I think he has an angle with Al Qaeda! :laugh:

Thanks for the Crepes

Thanks for the Crepes

Here is another one from stand-up comedian, Jim Gaffigan. It is looonng, almost 90 minutes, but if you are Obsessed about food, like me, you might enjoy it. It's recorded from a live performance in Boston.

He rags hard on Southern food, including grits, which I love as a G.R.I.T.S lady, but I have a sense of humor about it. He also rags on: kale, cottage cheese, pita and wraps, gluten-free, Whole Foods, seafood (blasphemy, but still funny, at least to me), Kobe beef, and desserts in China (sorry huiray and liuzhou), including the Americanized fortune cookies.

Also bars (long rant): "Female bartenders always seem like they're a little bit tougher than they need to be. I don't want to describe them as bitchy, because that would describe them perfectly."

Other quotes yours truly liked:

"Hotdogs are like strippers. No one wants to hear the backstory." This was in reference to ingredients in said sausages.

"I have five kids. I used to have more, but I ate them." This guy is crazy, but funny to me. :smile: