• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Frog Commissary Carrot Cake

Stone

I tried this tonight.  Tor the praline cream, the recipe calls for mixing sugar, flour and salt in a pan, adding cream and butter, heating to simmer and simmering for 20 minutes.  I checked a couple versions of the recipe online and they’re all the same. When I tried it, the butter didn’t incorporate with the dry ingredients/flour.  I ended up with a sugar mixture and a pool of melted butter on top.  Anyone know what I did wrong?

5FDAD2EB-78B4-4EDF-B3C2-F4F3DC4DE01B.jpeg

Edited by Stone (log)

• 5 months later...

Hello. The FC Carrot Cake is to.die.for.

Someone who can't do eggs would like me to make it for them. I'm not sure best how to go about doing that..... 

I know eggs can act as binding, leavening and - in certain recipes - BOTH.

How would I tell how they're being used in the FC Carrot Cake recipe?

And what would be the best replacement to use? The recipe calls for 4 eggs in the cake batter.

Thank you!!

I made my first ever carrot cake (the FC one) a year ago yesterday!

carrot5.jpg

carrot7.jpg

carrot8.jpg

• Like 4
  • Delicious 2