• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dcarch

dcarch

I am planning to live a very poor life style as much as I can.

Doing Craigslist and Freecycle checking, I have not been buying appliances, construction materials, tools, etc. You can repair many things by going to youtube, I now have 5 working lawnmowers to give away. two extra stoves to give away, two very good mitre saws to give away, computers ----- the list is very long.

I have free veggies from my garden. Free fertilizers from my kitchen, free water from my rain barrels.

Very soon I will have free sunlight indoors from my 1000 watt LED grow lights for year round vegetables. ($10 per 150w COB LEDs. I posted construction of these lights  on the Gardening Forum sometime ago.)

But what about electricity?

Last week on Craigslist someone was selling damaged solar panels. Now I have solar panels which will give me 2080 watts of free electricity everyday for the next 20 years (estimated solar panel life). Typically you pay $1.00 per watt for solar panels. I paid $120 for the 2080 watts.

Poor me. :-)

dcarch

dcarch

dcarch

Doing Craigslist and Freecycle checking, I have not been buying appliances, construction materials, tools, etc. You can repair many things by going to youtube, I now have 5 working lawnmowers to give away. two extra stoves to give away, two very good mitre saws to give away, computers ----- the list is very long.

I have free veggies from my garden. Free fertilizers from my kitchen, free water from my rain barrels.

Very soon I will have free sunlight indoors from my 1000 watt LED grow lights for year round vegetables.

Last week on Craigslist someone was selling damaged solar panels. Now I have solar panels which will give me 2080 watts of free electricity everyday for the next 20 years (estimated solar panel life). Typically you pay $1.00 per watt for solar panels. I paid $120 for the 2080 watts.

dcarch

dcarch

dcarch

Very soon I will have free sunlight indoors from my 1000 watt LED grow lights for year round vegetables.

Last week on Craigslist someone was selling damaged solar panels. Now I have solar panels which will give me 2080 watts of free electricity for the next 20 years (estimated solar panel life). Typically you pay $1.00 per watt for solar panels. I paid $120 for the 2080 watts.

dcarch

dcarch

dcarch

Last week on Craigslist someone was selling damaged solar panels. Now I have solar panels which will give me 2080 watts of free electricity. Typically you pay $1.00 per watt for solar panels. I paid $120 for the 2080 watts.

dcarch