• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bosch dishwashers

lindag

A question for those of you with this brand.

What does the blinking red light mean?

I'm using my unit for the first time and I'm not sure if it's running of if i's waiting for a command.

I don't want to just yank open the door in case it is running and I simply can't hear it.

Edited by lindag (log)

Sure you have seen this. Seems like just running. I rarely use mine - just to keep the plumber happy as he says I must for its health.

https://findanyanswer.com/what-does-a-blinking-red-light-mean-on-a-bosch-dishwasher#:~:text=From Bosch themselves%2C they say,display when it was running.

Ed takes care of the Bosch and he's not here right now...but somehow it is running through this tiny mind that you might be supposed to add the Jet Dry stuff.

• Like 1

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Is this a blinking red light that shines on the floor? Mine shines the red light on the floor - blinking when interrupted or door open and steady red when running. It only appears when you’ve started a cycle and maybe opened the door. You have to press “start” and then shut the door. The light should remain red but not blinking.  

if it needs Jet Dry it gives you a mysterious code on the display. I google the code (for example “h1 error code Bosch dishwasher”) and that should tell you what the code means.

Edited by Nyleve Baar (log)
  • Thanks 1

we got a Bosch as it was supposed to be super quiet

a month out of warrranty, the drain pump seal failed.  two weeks and couple hundred later, all fixed.

a year later, it died.  more error codes than one could list.

junked it.

replaced the Bosch with a Frigidaire - it was 1/2 the cost, and makes half the noise.

go figger

• Sad 2

21 hours ago, AlaMoi said:

we got a Bosch as it was supposed to be super quiet

a month out of warrranty, the drain pump seal failed.  two weeks and couple hundred later, all fixed.

a year later, it died.  more error codes than one could list.

junked it.

replaced the Bosch with a Frigidaire - it was 1/2 the cost, and makes half the noise.

go figger

My Frigidaire is quiet.  No complaints with that.  Unfortunately a cycle takes two hours and it doesn't get the dishes clean.

Edited by JoNorvelleWalker
spelling (log)
  • Sad 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

you could try a different detergent - some brands have more silica = sand content - they tend to 'scrub' things a bit better.

but be aware!  anything with decoration over the glaze will be damaged/destroyed - gilding, ink jet photos, customized class mugs, etc.