• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

4 hours ago, Kerala said:

Just a pronunciation question. In Malayalam it's kanji, with the nj similar to the first n in Spanish manana. Congee Romanised spelling could be pronounced in different ways. Kong ghee? Kong ee? Kon jee? I avoided ordering it when I was in Chinatown (London) because I wasn't sure. Put me out of my misery!

Kon gee. In IPA, ˈkɒndʒi:

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 hours ago, Kerala said:

Just a pronunciation question. In Malayalam it's kanji, with the nj similar to the first n in Spanish manana. Congee Romanised spelling could be pronounced in different ways. Kong ghee? Kong ee? Kon jee? I avoided ordering it when I was in Chinatown (London) because I wasn't sure. Put me out of my misery!

Kon gee

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 hours ago, Kerala said:

Kon gee