• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Guy

9 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

There are a couple of threads here on the Harvest Right. 

Indeed! Thanks for the reminder, Kerry. The Harvest Right and perhaps some other freeze dryers got a lot of attention a few years back. Those topics can be a great resource:

Freeze Dryers and Freeze Dried Food (Part 1)

Freeze Dryers and Freeze Dried Food (Part 2)

Welcome, @Tactical_Pickle

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

On 10/31/2020 at 11:01 AM, Kim Shook said:

Welcome to eG, @Tactical_Pickle!  How did you get into freeze drying meal prep?  I'd love to know what kinds of things that you like to cook. 

How did I get into it? I like freeze dried method of food preservation. Grandparents have a large garden and I hate to let things go to waste.

What I like to cook? Mostly low carb stuff. Omelets, beef,chicken, cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, lots of stews and soups.

Before the pandemic I used to go camping once a month for 3-4 days and freeze dried meals saved me a lot of time.

Heard about freeze drying on a gun forum so I am here.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tactical_Pickle said:

How did I get into it? I like freeze dried method of food preservation. Grandparents have a large garden and I hate to let things go to waste.

What I like to cook? Mostly low carb stuff. Omelets, beef,chicken, cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, lots of stews and soups.

Before the pandemic I used to go camping once a month for 3-4 days and freeze dried meals saved me a lot of time.

Heard about freeze drying on a gun forum so I am here.

Chefsteps tried some out-of-box stuff freeze dried.   Chefsteps Let's Freeze Dry Everything

• Like 1