• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Sid Post

Sid Post

After substandard local grocery store options and similar @#$*! from Walmart, I really want something that tastes good and has good quality.  Goo from a bunch of random animal parts they can't sell with poor quality spices might be acceptable during a food shortage brought on by panic buying but, ENOUGH!

Don't make me buy a $600 grinder, a $200 stuffer and, import some real spices (not the sawdust commonly sold at Walmart and the local grocery stores)!

I want some real sausage!  Slovacek's in West, Tx is ~4 hours away so, I can't make that drive more than a few times a year.  Now that it is cold out, Usinger's is on my watch list for a shipping deal!  I don't want to go that far North but, some day I hope to see Usinger's in person!

How many people's 'BUCKET LIST' includes sausage stops all across the nation?  😍

Sid Post

Sid Post

After substandard local grocery store options and similar @#$*! from Walmart, I really want something that tastes good and has good quality.  Goo from a bunch or random animal parts they can't sell with poor quality spices might be acceptable during a food shortage brought on by panic buying but, ENOUGH!

Don't make me buy a $600 grinder, a $200 stuffer and, import some real spices (not the sawdust commonly sold at Walmart and the local grocery stores)!

I want some real sausage!  Slovacek's in West, Tx is ~4 hours away so, I can't make that drive more than a few times a year.  Now that it is cold out, Usinger's is on my watch list for a shipping deal!  I don't want to go that far North but, some day I hope to see Usinger's in person!

How many people's 'BUCKET LIST' includes sausage stops all across the nation?  😍