• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Callebaut 811 and 823 in callets form

sharonnorthwoods

first timer chocolate making here, - need some help, 

i ordered this chocolate as i thought from all my readings that they will be for many uses, but i got it as callets form - it looks like chocolate chips ?! - are they already tempered? what can i use it for? does the callets form affect anything?

16 hours ago, sharonnorthwoods said:

first timer chocolate making here, - need some help, 

i ordered this chocolate as i thought from all my readings that they will be for many uses, but i got it as callets form - it looks like chocolate chips ?! - are they already tempered? what can i use it for? does the callets form affect anything?

They're exactly what you want, you can use them for anything you'd use any other chocolate for. Tempered and much easier to work with than a big hefty block you have to bust up yourself. :D

Edit: I shouldn't actually say that's exactly what you want. Nothing wrong with bars and blocks, I just like the convenience of callets. Weigh 'em and get to work, no chopping required.

• Like 2

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.