• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

4 hours ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

I use something like this for olives and cherries.    Easy and  efficient.

The first "one use" kitchen tool I ever bought was an olive pitter in a market in Desenzano del Garda, Italy in the eary 1970s. I still have it, but it's on the other side of the planet.

Here, I use this one which came free with a box of cherries when I was hospitalised 4 years ago.

O1CN01xEScjP2MF4ouX3FYJ_!!0-item_pic.jpg_400x400.jpg.0836662443cd854b1800717268989612.jpg

Prior to acquiring this, I used the usual Chinese method of holding the olive ot cherry between the thumb and forefinger of the left hand and pushing a chopstick into the blunt end. Probably quicker than the dedicated tool and a chopstick is easier to clean!

liuzhou

liuzhou

4 hours ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

I use something like this for olives and cherries.    Easy and  efficient.

The first "one use" kitchen tool I ever bought was an olive pitter in Desenzano del Garda, Italy in the eary 1970s. I still have it, but it's on the other side of the planet.

Here, I use this one which came free with a box of cherries when I was hospitalised 4 years ago.

O1CN01xEScjP2MF4ouX3FYJ_!!0-item_pic.jpg_400x400.jpg.0836662443cd854b1800717268989612.jpg