• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

clarity

I peeled some campari tomatoes to try the first batch of RW.  Mistake.  But with a happy ending.  The tomatoes just disintegrated into juice during the pickling.  So I added halved cherry tomatoes to make up for the lost chunks, which stretched the recipe to more than 2 quarts.   I have a lot of jar juice, which I just used to make a divine RW Bloody Mary.  RWBM.  I have a ice tea spoon in the Bloody Mary to snag the floating tomato halves and scallion pieces as I drink.  I went easy on the hot stuff for the first go.   I think I will keep it mild for the next batch.  Leave the tomato skins on unless you want juice.

lemniscate

lemniscate

I peeled some campari tomatoes to try the first batch of RW.  Mistake.  But with a happy ending.  The tomatoes just disintegrated into juice during the pickling.  So I added halved cherry tomatoes to make up for the lost chunks, which stretched the recipe to more than 2 quarts.   I have a lot of jar juice, which I just used to make a divine RW Bloody Mary.  RWBM.  I have a ice tea spoon in the BM to snag the floating tomato halves and scallion pieces as I drink.  I went easy on the hot stuff for the first go.   I think I will keep it mild for the next batch.  Leave the tomato skins on unless you want juice.