• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

7 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Not a very exciting picture, but I took Vivian's advice and tossed lettuce with some furki, sesame oil and rice vinegar.  I am very sensitive to sesame oil (or the brand I'm using might be really strong).  I like it, but next time I will use just a regular olive oil.  The furki adds a nice little crunch and great flavor.  Made a nice light lunch :) 

I lived in Koreatown and ate lots of sesame oil laden dishes but it can be a bit overwhelming especilly in a simple salad like that. I would try a few drops mixed with another more neutral oil. You want a hint not a hit ;. 

Edited as @rotuts just said same thing ;

heidih

heidih

4 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Not a very exciting picture, but I took Vivian's advice and tossed lettuce with some furki, sesame oil and rice vinegar.  I am very sensitive to sesame oil (or the brand I'm using might be really strong).  I like it, but next time I will use just a regular olive oil.  The furki adds a nice little crunch and great flavor.  Made a nice light lunch :) 

I lived in Koreatown and ate lots of sesame oil laden dishes but it can be a bit overwhelming especilly in a simple salad like that. I would try a few drops mixed with another more neutral oil. You want a hint not a hit ;.