• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The most disgusting mooncakes of 2020

liuzhou

Yesterday, was the mid-autumn festival aka moon festival and the time for mooncakes. I'm not a big fan and some are just horrible. Here, is a round up of the worst (in the writer's opinion.

It incudes one from Liuzhou. Having sampled this a while back I can concur. One of the worst things I've ever eaten.

Edited by liuzhou (log)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

2 hours ago, liuzhou said:

Yesterday, was the mid-autumn festival aka moon festival and the time for mooncakes. I'm not a big fan and some are just horrible. Here, is a round up of the worst (in the writer's opinion.

It incudes one from Liuzhou. Having sampled this a while back I can concur. One of the worst things I've ever eaten.

I had the fermented bean curd one twice while living in Hong Kong and need to admit that from all the ines I sampled, this one actually was the most palatable ...