• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

@EsaK I got the EX with the removable screw because if I ever have to clean the thing out I want cleaning to be a easy as possible and waste the least chocolate.  I'll keep dark chocolate in it and not switch chocolates too often, I use mostly 60% dark and can still use my mol d'art melters for milk and white. 

They offer a 'water cleaning attachment', which is the hose shown in the cleaning video.  It would be easier to never clean it out and change my labeling to say 'may contain traces of' all the various allergens ;)  But I guess I should get the hose and have that option.  Otherwise, you could remove the screw and wash it, and try to wipe out or wipe off the other parts but you won't get it completely clean. 

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

@EsaK I got the EX with the removable screw because if I ever have to clean the thing out I want cleaning to be a easy as possible and waste the least chocolate.  I'll keep dark chocolate in it and not switch chocolates too often, I use mostly 60% dark and can still use my mol d'art melters for milk and white.  They offer a 'water cleaning attachment', which I'm guessing from the video is various hoses?  It would be easier to never clean it out and change my labeling to say 'may contain traces of' all the various allergens ;)  But I guess I should get the hose and have that option.

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

@EsaK I got the EX with the removable screw because if I ever have to clean the thing out I want cleaning to be a easy as possible and waste the least chocolate.  I'll keep dark chocolate in it and not switch chocolates too often, I use mostly 60% dark and can still use my mol d'art melters for milk and white.  They offer a 'water cleaning attachment', which I'm guessing from the video is various hoses?  It would be easier to never clean it out and change my labeling to say 'may contain traces of' all the various allergens ;)