• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cookbook Sale

AAQuesada

Now Serving -cookbook shop in Los Angeles is having an anniversary sale ending at midnight today. The owner Ken  was a Chef at Wolfgang Puck's Cut steakhouse in BH and all around nice guy. In addition to the the normal stuff Evan Kleiman (host of Good Food) is putting up part of her collection including signed copies.

https://nowservingla.com/

• Like 3

To find the sale items, go to Shop -> Read -> Anniversary Sale

I'm kicking myself for not picking up a few of the books and zines that I spied yesterday but are now sold out.  The prices aren't sub bargain basement level but still quite good and a way to support a small business. 

If you click on over to the Now Serving site, check out their event calendar and event recordings.  They've been hosting some great Zoom webinars with authors and others.  I loved yesterday's session with Mandy Lee of Lady and Pups, talking about her book, The Art of Escapism Cooking.   The sale price on this one was $19 but it's now gone back to the $35 list price.  The recorded webinar isn't up yet on their recorded listings but should be soon.  Lots of other good sessions to listen to. 

Evan posted on IG that she's selling those books because she's still paying off debts from her shuttered restaurant.   I hope it helps her out. There are some nice vintage items in her collection.

• Like 2