• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Feliz Dia de Independencia!

gulfporter

Quiet due to the bans on groups, bars and celebrations.  But still deserving of a good meal.  I am oh-so-late to the Instant Pot movement.  This was my 2nd meal with it (don't ask about the first one 🙈). 

Made chamorro.  My sauce rocked; it came out so shiny!  No recipe, but started with a tiny jar of prepared mole', chicken broth, half a jar of French cherry preserves, small can of chipotle en adobo sauce,  4 garlic cloves, 1 huge red onion, 2 handfuls pitted prunes and a Belgium dark chocolate bar.  Maybe other stuff, it was a 'clean out the fridge' sauce.  

Not a lot of recipes on line for pork shanks in instant pot.  Checked veal/beef/lamb shank recipes and decided 60 minutes under pressure.  Got lucky, it worked perfectly!

2 chamorros.jpg

chamorro with sauce.jpg

Edited by gulfporter (log)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1