• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

Let's see...

I like small utensils - small plates, dessert forks, teaspoons. I'll use them whenever I'm eating with family. It's regular sized spoons that I dislike most, I find them too large for my (not at all small) mouth.

I don't like biting into fruits. Mostly stone fruits and apples. I'll usually slice them in hand and eat slice by slice. Bananas are fine to bite interested, so are figs.

I really dislike cold mango, I also prefer pineapples to be at room temperature.

I like dipping french fries in hummus (actually it's my favorite dip for them, mayo is second, a drizzle of lemon third, and ketchup a very far fourth). I won't say it's unagreeable, just unpopular.

There was a hummus restaurant I used to frequent whose hummus I found to be improved with the pickles they served. I'd often drizzle some pickle juice on it. I'd also often have their massabacha and mix into it actual pickle slices, and often also pita pieces. The pita soaked some of the sauce, becoming juicy and the pickles added texture and flavor. I miss this place. No other hummus I know of benefits from an application of pickles, but I'll still sometimes mix pita pieces into massabacha.

I dislike falafel sandwiches. I prefer it plated, using a pita to grab some sauces or vegetables and construct one biters.

I like semi melted ice cream. I also love ice cream that was partially deforested then refrozen, giving it some pleasently crisp ice crystals (I won't do this on purpose though).

I will never mix cereal with milk. I eat them in two bowls, grab a teaspoon full of cereal and briefly dip it in milk.

I also like cornflakes and peanut butter sandwiches, but I haven't had one in years.

I prefer overly oxidized wine.

shain

shain

Let's see...

I like small utensils - small plates, dessert forks, teaspoons. I'll use them whenever I'm eating with family. It's regular sized spoons that I dislike most, I find them too large for my (not at all small) mouth.

I don't like biting into fruits. Mostly soft ones, like peaches and plums. I'll usually slice them in hand and eat slice by slice. Bananas are fine, and I will eat an apple or pear when no knife is available.

I like dipping french fries in hummus (actually it's my favorite dip for them, mayo is second, a drizzle of lemon third, and ketchup a very far fourth). I won't say it's unagreeable, just unpopular.

I dislike falafel sandwiches. I prefer it plated, using a pita to grab some sauces or vegetables and construct one biters.

I like semi melted ice cream. I also love ice cream that was partially deforested then refrozen, giving it some pleasently crisp ice crystals (I won't do this on purpose though).

There was a hummus restaurant I used to frequent whose hummus I found to be improved with the pickles they served. I'd often drizzle some pickle juice on it. I'd also often have their massabacha and mix into it actual pickle slices, and often also pita pieces. The pita soaked some of the sauce, becoming juicy and the pickles added texture and flavor. I miss this place. No other hummus I know of benefits from an application of pickles, but I'll still sometimes mix pita pieces into massabacha.

I will never mix cereal with milk. I eat them in two bowls, grab a teaspoon full of cereal and briefly dip it in milk.

I also like cornflakes and peanut butter sandwiches, but I haven't had one in years.

I prefer overly oxidized wine.

I really dislike cold mango, I also prefer pineapples to be at room temperature.