• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Non-stick cast iron

lindag

Eve n though I vowed not to buy any more stuff until after my move I caved when I saw the Jefferey Zakarian 10.5” 
cast iron pan.  Cooked my fried eggs and hash browns in it this morning.

Really nice non-stick.  It comes with the silicone trivet shown here.  And it fits inside my CSO!

(purchased from QVC.)

F7FC42C5-00E6-4A09-ABFC-73999FEEFB1C.jpeg

Edited by lindag (log)
  • Like 1

I must be missing something.  Is not the very joy of a cast iron skillet its non-stick quality if properly seasoned and maintained??? Plus who needs arm weigt when moving them round ;)

• Like 1

On an electric coil burner, like mine, maybe the extra weight of the cast iron helps to keep the cooking surface level (flat). My mom had a few cast iron pans (not coated) that were good for eggs, etc. I abused those pans (via how I cleaned them) and they still worked well.