• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

cslas

cslas

added image

Know I'm a little late to this thread but I recently rediscovered the video where Susanna makes these bonbons and I also got stuck on the idea of a meringue inside of them. So naturally, I came here to see if anyone had discussed the idea :)

More specifically, I'd like to try my hand at a meringue pie bonbon, so I'd welcome any thoughts anyone had on how to create a plain meringue that might hold up for a few days inside of a bonbon. Per one of the earlier comments, Susanna did mention that she uses two types of sugar, gelatin, and no eggs. I am open to other suggestions though, my aim is more just to get something that can survive for a reasonable period of time. 

Oh, and in case you haven't seen it, here's a pic of one of her meringue pie bonbons.

Bonbon.png.8cb5a8595a36b0e6777623bd6f9b424c.png

cslas

cslas

Know I'm a little late to this thread but I recently rediscovered the video where Susanna makes these bonbons and I also got stuck on the idea of a meringue inside of them. So naturally, I came here to see if anyone had discussed the idea :)

More specifically, I'd like to try my hand at a meringue pie bonbon, so I'd welcome any thoughts anyone had on how to create a plain meringue that might hold up for a few days inside of a bonbon. Per one of the earlier comments, Susanna did mention that she uses two types of sugar, gelatin, and no eggs. I am open to other suggestions though, my aim is more just to get something that can survive for a reasonable period of time.