• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

i discovered roulades in 

Mimi Sheraton : The German Cookbook

https://www.amazon.com/German-Cookbook-Complete-Mastering-Authentic/dp/0394401387/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2QE4MPXP3SPXY&dchild=1&keywords=mimi+sheraton&qid=1598103526&sprefix=mimi+she%2Caps%2C144&sr=8-1

this was back when the book was new , seemed very authentic to me , and was a very rare book on cooking

( in the USA ) that was not American-is.   Ive pounded any Round thin

then moved to flank steak back when FS was a very cheap cut in the USA  as no one knew how to cook it.

Ive always used a very healthy dose of sharp mustard , German or Dijon , and bacon.   I never saw the need for

a pickle , or carrot.    browned and then cooked 325 covered 1/2 way up w beed stock.  From a can !

rolled over for the second 1/2

of the cooking.  both sides browned even further.    sauce thicker and thats it.   inhaled they were

home mashed russets of course  back then the russets were pealed , a big favor mistake.

it is a great and fine dish !

rotuts

rotuts

i discovered roulades in 

Mimi Sheraton : The German Cookbook

https://www.amazon.com/German-Cookbook-Complete-Mastering-Authentic/dp/0394401387/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2QE4MPXP3SPXY&dchild=1&keywords=mimi+sheraton&qid=1598103526&sprefix=mimi+she%2Caps%2C144&sr=8-1

this was back when the book was new , seemed very authentic to me , and was a very rare book on cooking

( in the USA ) that was not American-is.   Ive pounded any Round thin

then moved to flank steak back when FS was a very cheap cut in the USA  as no one knew how to cook it.

Ive always used a very healthy dose of sharp mustard , German or Dijon , and bacon.   I never saw the need for

a pickle , or carrot.    browned and then cooked 325 covered 1/2 way up w biif stock.   rolled over for the second 1/2

of the cooking.  both sides browned even further.    sauce thicker and thats it.   inhaled they were

home mashed russets of course  back then the russets were pealed , a big favor mistake.

it is a great and fine dish !