• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

@Kim Shook in another topic suggested this so I will start. We are in odd nostalgic times in general. I even texted my old neighbor in adjacent cottage - oddly he is now in Austin near our other neighbor.  Life!

I read about new food sites in the Los Angeles Times maybe 2007 and liked the global conversation vibe. You guys?

Starting splinter groups is hardly a new impulse. Chowhound users have left the site before, dissatisfied over changes or after being banned, and set up new sites. Steven Shaw started eGullet after leaving Chowhound, and Opinionated About Dining, Chicago’s LTH Forum and Mouthfulsfood.com were all started by ex-Hounds.

heidih

heidih

@Kim Shook in another topic suggested this so I will start. We are is odd nostalgic times in general. I even texted my ld neighbor in adjacent cottage - oddly he is now in Austin near our other neighbor.  Life!

I read about new food sites in the Los Angeles Times maybe 2007 and liked the global conversation vibe. You guys?

Starting splinter groups is hardly a new impulse. Chowhound users have left the site before, dissatisfied over changes or after being banned, and set up new sites. Steven Shaw started eGullet after leaving Chowhound, and Opinionated About Dining, Chicago’s LTH Forum and Mouthfulsfood.com were all started by ex-Hounds.