• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your new book

I was reading through all the posts, and noticed you haven't had the chance to say much about Cooking for Mr. Latte.

Can you give us a heads up on what to expect? Is it a compilation of the Food Diary, or have you added new chapters and recipes?

Speaking of recipes...I've noticed your recipe style is quite straightforward. I was wondering if you're ever tempted to Nigella-them-up a bit? Or do you think recipes should stick to a more disciplined style?

And lastly, how did your husband handle all the sudden exposure?

i would describe "cooking for mr. latte" as an expanded collection of the food diary columns. i cut out some columns, combined others and added 14 new ones with recipes. i did this to make it a more tightly knit story with an arc. with the original columns, i added back many of the recipes that were cut for space and also fleshed out their instructions. the magazine column was such a tight space that when a story ran long, we often cut recipes and edited them down to their bare bones components. so now those columns, in the book, will have an average of four recipes, each with a headnote and more detailed instructions.

tad has been amused by the column and has stopped drinking lattes after dinner.

Wow, sounds great.

I just ordered a copy from Amazon (will have to wait for May though...).

Happy to hear Tad didn't take too much of a ribbing at the office and has now graduated to espresso, or perhaps, in an effort to explore his feminine side, tisane. :smile: