• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cantonese White Cut Chicken 白切鸡: Poach, Steam or Sauté?

mudbug

Weinoo, it certainly does look like Boba is the provider of rebranded chickens. I'm actually reassured to find that they're raising them under Buddhist practices and using (presumably) chicken with an ancestry from China. Kind of reinforces my findings that these strains/brands of chicken are uniquely suited for white cut chicken, since the chicken and the recipe evolved together.

Yes, I've tried other high end birds but we're talking about white cut chicken. I'm sharing my failures and successes with this particular recipe. And again yes, I've eaten just the white cut chicken and nothing else. My point isn't that you shouldn't have accompaniments, it's that the chicken is good enough to stand on it's own.