• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

There is a local family I am close to. They often invite me to festival dinners. I've known the daughter since she was about 7 years old. She speaks great English and is now an absolutely beautiful young woman in her mid twenties about to marry her man. Love her.

I'm always sat beside her at family events because no one else speaks English, not that it really matters. We use a mixture of languages when we talk. From I first met her, we have played this sort of game. We use both my and her chopsticks to remove the very uncrisp skin from our portions of the white cut chicken and either surreptiously drop it on the floor for the cat or wait till grandma isn't looking and drop it into her bowl, then get on with eating the delicious meat. We dislike the skin; grandma thinks it the best part. I'm not sure if the cat or grandma are more delighted!

liuzhou

liuzhou

There is a local family I am close to. They often invite me to festival dinners. I've known the daughter since she was about 7 years old. She speaks great English and is now an absolutely beautiful young woman in her mid twenties about to marry her man. Love her.

I'm always sat beside her at family events because no one else speaks English, not that it really matters. From I first met her, we have played this sort of game. We use both my and her chopsticks to remove the very uncrisp skin from our portions of the white cut chicken and either surreptiously drop it on the floor for the cat or wait till grandma isn't looking and drop it into her bowl, then get on witheating the delicious meat. We dislike the skin; grandma thinks it the best part. I'm not sure if the cat or grandma are more delighted!

liuzhou

liuzhou

There is a local family I am close to. They often invite me to festival dinners I've known the daughter since she was about 7 years old. She speaks great English and is now an absolutely beautiful young woman in her mid twenties about to marry her man.

I'm always sat beside her at family events because no one else speaks English, not that it really matters. From I first met her, we have played this sort of game. We use both my and her chopsticks to remove the very uncrisp skin from our portions of the white cut chicken and either surreptiously drop it on the floor for the cat or wait till grandma isn't looking and drop it into her bowl. We dislike it; grandma thinks it the best part. I'm not sure if the cat or grandma are more delighted!