• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

7 hours ago, mudbug said:

Did you look at any of the videos I linked to? You can totally do this by steaming (very little water). And I refer to the shauxing wine method to replace the ice water bath which imparts more flavor but does not have as crunchy a skin.

As I've said already, White Cut Chicken is not steamed. That would negate the whole point. And no one uses Shaoxing wine. That would not be White Cut Chicken as it is known. And I've already said that it isn't meant to have crunchy skin - that is not what's wanted.

(It's not called shauxing wine. It comes from the city of Shaoxing, hence the name.)

You asked for information, but seem determined to ignore it.

liuzhou

liuzhou

5 hours ago, mudbug said:

Did you look at any of the videos I linked to? You can totally do this by steaming (very little water). And I refer to the shauxing wine method to replace the ice water bath which imparts more flavor but does not have as crunchy a skin.

As I've said already, White Cut Chicken is not steamed. And no one uses Shaoxing wine. That would not be WCC as it is known. And I've said that it isn't meant ot have crunhy skin - that is not what's wanted.

(It's not called shauxing wine. It comes from the city of Shaoxing, hence the name.)

You asked for information, but seem determined to ignore it.  Goodbye.