• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

1 hour ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Get a plan!    You parse your prep so that you accomplish one step, sit for literally a minute, proceed to step two, again, walk around and/or sit a second....   It's more the time spent in one position than total time off feet.    Also, pour a glass periodically....

I've had three hip replacements, a spinal ----compression that a doctor I fired long ago said would cause me excruciating pain is still kept at moderate bay, a knee that would like to compromise me.   

I don't have time or patience to address symptoms that I can work around.   

Oh my but I'll raise ya live in LA and can not drive!  But things happen that make me smile and I am so over pretending I can climb the US Bank Tower anymore - I just say can ya help me I am disabled if I really need to. A virtual climb I can do http://events.ymcala.org/site/TR?fr_id=1831&pg=entry#:~:text=CLIMB THE US BANK TOWER,down to the street level. PS -typo of stair is driving me nuts! Small problems :)

heidih

heidih

1 hour ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Get a plan!    You parse your prep so that you accomplish one step, sit for literally a minute, proceed to step two, again, walk around and/or sit a second....   It's more the time spent in one position than total time off feet.    Also, pour a glass periodically....

I've had three hip replacements, a spinal ----compression that a doctor I fired long ago said would cause me excruciating pain is still kept at moderate bay, a knee that would like to compromise me.   

Oh my but I'll raise ya live in LA and can not drive!  But things happen that make me smile and I am so over pretending I can climb the US Bank Tower anymore - I just say can ya help me I am disabled if I really need to. A virtual climb I can do http://events.ymcala.org/site/TR?fr_id=1831&pg=entry#:~:text=CLIMB THE US BANK TOWER,down to the street level.

heidih

heidih

25 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

I've had three hip replacements, a spinal compression that a doctor I fired long ago said would cause me excruciating pain is still kept at moderate bay, a knee that would like to compromise me.   

Oh my but I'll raise ya live i LA and can not drive!  But things happen that make me smile and I am so over pretending I can climb the US Bank Tower anymore - I just say can ya help me I am disabled if I really need to. A virtual climb I can do http://events.ymcala.org/site/TR?fr_id=1831&pg=entry#:~:text=CLIMB THE US BANK TOWER,down to the street level.