• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

store name was incorrect

19 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

I have a question for long-time Bisto users.  My mother swore that she could tell the difference between the granules and the old powdered kind and she much preferred the powdered.  We used to find it in a store in a town an hour or so away that we attended college football games in and we'd buy her a couple of boxes every so often.  I could never tell the difference between the two and like how the granules dissolve so easily - plus they are easy to get.  Do any of you long-time users notice a difference?  Just curious.  

I'm curious too.  It is also sold in jars - does that make a difference?  I could swear I've had the powdered kind in the little boxes and wasn't exactly nuts about it.  But, today I found that The Scottish and Irish store here sells the various kinds for $4.49 which is a lot cheaper than Amazon.ca.  So, I may go and pick some up to try again.  If I bought only one as a starting point, which should it be?

ElsieD

ElsieD

58 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

I have a question for long-time Bisto users.  My mother swore that she could tell the difference between the granules and the old powdered kind and she much preferred the powdered.  We used to find it in a store in a town an hour or so away that we attended college football games in and we'd buy her a couple of boxes every so often.  I could never tell the difference between the two and like how the granules dissolve so easily - plus they are easy to get.  Do any of you long-time users notice a difference?  Just curious.  

I'm curious too.  It is also sold in jars - does that make a difference?  I could swear I've had the powdered kind in the little boxes and wasn't exactly nuts about it.  But, today I found that The English and Scottish store here sells the various kinds for $4.49 which is a lot cheaper than Amazon.ca.  So, I may go and pick some up to try again.  If I bought only one as a starting point, which should it be?