• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Agostoni couverture (Italian company)

Corny

Has anyone worked with the Agostoni chocolate couverture? Mainly interested in experience with moulding bonbons. I found a post here from 2012, but with only one reply, so I thought I’ll ask the question again. 

Agostoni is an Italian chocolate maker that apparently has been around since the late 40’s, but I only just heard about them, when I found out they have a supplier in my home country of Norway.

45 minutes ago, Corny said:

Has anyone worked with the Agostoni chocolate couverture? Mainly interested in experience with moulding bonbons. I found a post here from 2012, but with only one reply, so I thought I’ll ask the question again. 

Agostoni is an Italian chocolate maker that apparently has been around since the late 40’s, but I only just heard about them, when I found out they have a supplier in my home country of Norway.

If there is anyone on the forum who can give you information, it is @teonzo--perhaps he will respond.

Agostoni is a new line by Icam, created few time ago. So Icam is the producer that has been around for decades, Agostoni is the name of a new subset of their products (and it's the name of the owners).

I never tried any Agostoni chocolate, so I can't comment. It's supposed to be their top line, how much better I can't say. I know only one guy working with it, but he does demos for them so the only answer he can give is "they are superb".

I tried some Icam chocolates in the past, no problem about workability, taste was good but nothing more, not on the level of the usual suspects (Valrhona, Barry and so on). This is why no one of the top pastry chefs in Italy uses that chocolate. But I don't know if they reached higher levels with Agostoni.

Teo

Teo

50 minutes ago, teonzo said:

Agostoni is a new line by Icam, created few time ago. So Icam is the producer that has been around for decades, Agostoni is the name of a new subset of their products (and it's the name of the owners).

I never tried any Agostoni chocolate, so I can't comment. It's supposed to be their top line, how much better I can't say. I know only one guy working with it, but he does demos for them so the only answer he can give is "they are superb".

I tried some Icam chocolates in the past, no problem about workability, taste was good but nothing more, not on the level of the usual suspects (Valrhona, Barry and so on). This is why no one of the top pastry chefs in Italy uses that chocolate. But I don't know if they reached higher levels with Agostoni.

Teo

I knew you would know.  Is there anything in the pastry world you don't know?

They have a wonderful white chocolate. They sent me samples to try. The white has lots of vanilla bean specks in it. It handled well.

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
Artisan Chocolates and Toffees
www.chocolot.com

20 hours ago, Chocolot said:

They have a wonderful white chocolate. They sent me samples to try. The white has lots of vanilla bean specks in it. It handled well.

Is that the chocolate we got from Chef Rubber?

3 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Is that the chocolate we got from Chef Rubber?

No. that was Fortunado 4. This came from a sales rep.

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
Artisan Chocolates and Toffees
www.chocolot.com