• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I've only ever seen pork pies served cold. Well, room temperature. Usually in the manner @Anna Ndescribes. I guess they were invented to be eaten that way - perhaps in the fields after a long morning's farmwork. I had one last summer as part of a ploughman's lunch in the UK when I visited.

menu.jpg

Cornish pasties are normally eaten at room temperature and were also designed to be eaten at work in Cornwall's tin mines.

Sort of bag lunches with edible bags. Pork pies are also a staple of picnics.

Note exception: Yorkshire pork pies are eaten hot.

liuzhou

liuzhou

I've only ever seen pork pies served cold. Well, room temperature. Usually in the manner @Anna Ndescribes. I guess they were invented to be eaten that way - perhaps in the fields after a long morning's farmwork. I had one last summer in the UK when I visited as part of a ploughman's lunch.

menu.jpg

Cornish pasties are normally eaten at room temperature and were also designed to be eaten at work in Cornwall's tin mines.

Sort of bag lunches with edible bags. Pork pies are also a staple of picnics.

Note exception: Yorkshire pork pies are eaten hot.