• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

My favorite savory pastry has to be the pig in a blanket -- cocktail sausage wrapped in some kind of dough and baked. Although I've made the hand pies with picadillo, too, and they're pretty stunning (I do love me some picadillo, with lots and lots of olives and raisins).

And there is nothing, NOTHING better than a fresh sausage and biscuit secured from the gas station about 6:30 a.m. as one sets out on a road trip somewhere.

Sigh. One of the casualties of celiac disease.

kayb

kayb

My favorite savory pastry has to be the pig in a blanket -- cocktail sausage wrapped in some kind of dough and baked. Although I've made the hand pies with picadillo, too, and they're pretty stunning (I do love me some picadillo, with lots and lots of olives and raisins).

Sigh. One of the casualties of celiac disease.