• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Underappreciated Ingredients

donk79

7 minutes ago, scubadoo97 said:

We have a plenty and they are currently holding a lot of chicken stock and maybe a 1/2 pint of gelato 

they are perfect for storing  stock.    The gelato is the bonus 

Like those french glass yogurt pots  https://myretiredlifeontheprairie.typepad.com/my-blog/2017/08/my-entry.html

2 hours ago, scubadoo97 said:

no these are plastic but they still come in handy for storing things in the fridge and freezer  

I meant more cool re-purposeful items , I get yours are not glass. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, btbyrd said:

Talenti gelato jars. A delicious product (the gelato, not the jars). 

Yes, Unilever makes good stuff. They even make Ben & Jerry's! 

I especially like the oakwood extract they use in their organic oak aged vanilla.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

@KennethT mentioned mango leaves in another topic. Reminded me of fig leaves. A neighbor had a white fig that overhung the fence. They did not like figs. rest f neighbors partook.  Then I read abut using the leaves as a wrapper when steaming or grilling. They have a subtle coconut scent & flavor. What a bonus!

• Like 4