• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food Timeline

Allura

An article from Eater, on the Food Timeline that Lynne Olver developed. It is now looking for someone to maintain it. It occurred to me that this may be an appropriate project for eG, actually. If nothing else, it's a website that I think folks here will appreciate. 

Joanna G. Hurley

"Civilization means food and literature all round." -Aldous Huxley

I've used it many times as a reference in food-related writing.

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

• 6 months later...

Pleased to bump this thread with a good-news followup: The same Eater writer reports that the Timeline has been taken over by Virginia Tech's Special Collections Archive.

https://www.eater.com/22224776/food-timeline-lynne-olver-virginia-tech-university

• Like 1

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning