• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking for a discontinued mold

Alisha Breese

Hi everyone- I’m trying to find a discontinued cacao Barry mold. A 6 cm laughing hen. 8 molds per plate. I’m in the USA and I cannot find one anywhere online. I found the slightly larger version, but on a french website that doesn’t ship to the US... does anyone have a resource for cacao Barry? I can’t get their customer service to respond to phone calls or email, and as I am a super small business, I don’t have a sales rep for them. I would also love to buy it used you have this mold and would like to sell it.

1B39A2BB-DE0C-464D-AD4C-B0BE922D603B.png

Or Design and Realization in Montreal - they have it listed. I don't see that exact one in Chocolat-chocolat anymore - but doesn't mean they don't have it.

3 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Design and Realization in Montreal

3 hours ago, Alisha Breese said:

Omg success!! Thank you @Kerry Beal I’m beyond ecstatic ❤️❤️❤️

That was resolved quickly so maybe I just caught them at a bad time. They had a mold I wanted for some Christmas chocolates last year but the only shipping options given were ridiculously expensive fedex options (the least expensive option was $56 for 4 standard sized molds that only cost $80 total) so I emailed them and asked if they could just pop 'em in the mail instead but never got an answer. ¬¬ In hindsight, maybe that was my answer! :D

• Like 1

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

50 minutes ago, Tri2Cook said:

That was resolved quickly so maybe I just caught them at a bad time. They had a mold I wanted for some Christmas chocolates last year but the only shipping options given were ridiculously expensive fedex options (the least expensive option was $56 for 4 standard sized molds that only cost $80 total) so I emailed them and asked if they could just pop 'em in the mail instead but never got an answer. ¬¬ In hindsight, maybe that was my answer! :D

They always seem to have CacaoBarry molds that others have run out of. Perhaps that's why. They had free shipping a while back. Now likely that was just in Canada. 

9 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

They had free shipping a while back. Now likely that was just in Canada. 

Fyi - even for orders from D&R that say free shipping to the US, they’re not really free (or at least they didn’t used to be).  I’d ordered from there once during a free shipping event, only to be hit with a hefty customs fee that had to be paid to the carrier.  I prefer Choc-choc - shipping can seem like a lot but they cover all the “extra” expenses and there are no surprises later. 😉

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, weinoo said:

JB Prince is having their closeout sale; looks like there is a fair amount of chocolate stuff:

JB Prince Closeout

Indeed.  I saw a Twist Chocolate Mold on sale for $14.34 -- list price $143,423.90.  Such a deal.

• Like 2

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou