• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Caffiene-Free Diet Coke - MIA

Porthos

I went to buy some 12-packs  of C/F Diet Coke about 10 days ago. Nary a box to be found. This past Wednesday I went to the same Kroger-owned store (Ralphs) to find that on the first day of a new ad there was none. Later I went to my local TJs and stopped at the another Ralphs only to not find any at that store. Thursday morning I went to a Stater Bros supermarket that normally has it; none. Today my Sweetie and I needed to be in Orange County so we went to the Costco Business Center in Westminster to get a few things. They didn't have any flats of C/F Diet Coke either. We stopped by the member services desk and inquired about it. It's listed as no stock AND inactive.

When we got home I went to dietcoke.com and it's listed as an active product and told me that among other places Ralpsha and Stater Bros should have it.

If they're discontinuing it in favor of Coke Zero we're gong to have a problem. We don't care to drink really crappy-tasting colas.

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

I've had the same problem lately on the East coast. Hmm

Edited to add..

this from reddit 

thanks for being a fan! Caffeine Free Coca-Cola Zero has not been discontinued. Like many companies, we are seeing greater demand for products consumed at home, and we are taking measures to adapt to the demand.
Edited by gfweb (log)
  • Like 1

@Porthos , have you checked places like Office Depot, Staples, etc.? They sell little fridges and sodas and candies for office workers, I think. I, too, drink the caffeine-free Diet Coke, when I'm in a caffeine-free mode of life. I always thought the caffeine-free Diet Coke had less bubbles, though. Did you and your wife ever notice that?

Since Coronavirus, I've been keeping 500-mL plastic bottles of Diet Coke at home. (I used to only drink / buy Diet Coke at take-out places or restaurants.) I feel bad about the plastic, but, IMO, it tastes better than from the cans. I'm guessing it's the way it pours. The bottles pop less of the bubbles as it pours out. I do recycle the bottles.